How to connect 2 Houses Wirelessly using TP-link
Asalam o Alikum. In this video we will learn how we can connect 2 TP-link routers wirelessly to each other ,located far away from each other, say in 2 rooms or houses. We will not use WDS but instead make our TP-LINK Router as a “REPEATER”.
Please note ::: MAKE sure your TP-LINK is in the Wireless Range of TP-LINK Router you wish to connect to.
Let’s start !
SCENARIO:: My TP-LINK Router is located in a ROOM 2 and the other TP-LINK Router (which i would connect to ) is located in ROOM 1. SO i would change the “MODE” of TP-LINK to ” RANGE EXTENDER ” instead of “Router”.
Now the Question arises what is A Repeater or Range extender?
A WiFi repeater or extender is used to extend the coverage area of your WiFi network. It works by receiving your existing WiFi signal, amplifying it and then transmitting the boosted signal. With a WiFi repeater you can effectively double the coverage area of your WiFi network – reaching far corners of your home or office, different floors, or even extend coverage to your yard.
Let’s go with the configuration:
- Login in to your TP-LINK Router.
- On the left side bar , click “Operation Mode”
- Change mode to “Range extender” and click “Next”
- At this point the TP-LINK will reboot.
- After the reboot, if you want to change IP settings of TP-LINK , Go to “Network” TAB.
- select Static IP and Etner IP (IP will be on LAN not WAN and needs to be in the same subnet as of the Root TP-LINK )
- Else leave it to DHCP.
- Next we need to connect our TP-LINK to the Root TP-LINK , for this Go to “Wireless TAB”.
- Select “Connect to Network”.
- Click “SCAN” button , to see a range of available Access points.
- Next select desired AP by clicking “Connect”.
- Etner Pasword of Root AP in the “Password Field”
- Click “SAVE”
- Next Click “EXTEND NETWORK” . Now it will show you the SSID of root AP . Leave it if you want to extedn the ROOT AP Network with same SSID .
- Tn case you want to extend Network of ROOT AP with a different SSID , Enter your desired SSID in Extended 2.4 Ghz Field along iwth new WIFI Password. Click SAVE.
- Last step is to GO to “DHCP ” and disable the DHCP (Our ROOT AP with provide us the IP through DHCP).
- THAT’S it! You are ready to go!
- Connect your LAPTOP/MOBILE and surf the Internet.
Don’t forget to watch the video tutorial.